Bitty plans have never been a favourite place of mine, and currently my work room is full of them – the chaos annoys me. The embroidery machine is set up as I am planning an Irish dancing waistcoat for my nephew and trying to figure how to get the design digitised. My nieces class costume (‘traditional’ Irish dance dress that is worn in group dances) had to be altered and now done and sits at the back of the door – it was an interesting one as the dress has been through a lot of dancers and altered each time (one side seam is an inch out), however it is still hanging in there, and my lengthening of the skirt is just another in the chain. A half finished coat sits on the mannequin with the paper pattern for the lining pinned on top. The work table has an upcycle embroidery idea for a one-euro top (photo finish below), and I have a plaid skirt taken apart and knit cardigan project sitting waiting to start……..
The Irish dancing waistcoat did throw things off a bit as it was a recent ask, and I want it out of the way so I can focus on the other pieces. However, as I pulled the embroidery machine extension out, it was a good time to stitch up other samples as I want to add some embellishment to a few pieces .
While trying to see if I could get a textured black and or black velvet in the charity shops for the waistcoat and embroidery sampling, I did get this little black top for a euro in the ‘clearance’. I was going to use it for the waistcoat sampling but the pile is not that deep and as the cut of it is rather cute, I thought I would do some embroidery on it…….and I am rather fascinated by Susanne Bisovsky so I did this motif
So admist the chaos – I have also put my sewing ‘plan’ on the wall (I also just figured with the help of google what this SWAP is in sewing blogs today……………..) – so once the Irish dancing stuff is ‘one the way’ I can get around to including these………….(edit – SWAP Sewing with a Plan….. )
- the red coat – it will be a basic re-cut of a raglan sleeve coat
- black bobble a-line dress – this will be made from a cardigan coat – which I hope sews according to plan
- vogue top and cigarette pants – I will see if I can pick up black pants in the charity shop to re-cut using my pattern as I have gotten so much wear from the denim ones
- purple tunic and skirt – I will remake these from a purple suit…. not in a hurry to make these for a while – these have moved to bottom of list for the moment
- sew house seven sweater and plaid skirts – I have a sweater dress and hope to make the toasty sew house seven sweater – and some plaid which I embroidering
- vogue blouse 7789 peasant style – I hope I have sufficient fabric for this
- a crochet sweater…….I have a pattern
- another crochet sweater without a pattern
Now I wonder how much of this plan will go accordingly………………….