Another quick sew, and my summer sewing seems to be taking shape, a lot of the colours I am using co-ordinate well, and I am using up a lot of what was in the ‘press’. I had seen a few of these tops on WeSewRetro, and I got the pattern from Etsy.
I used a charity shop shirt, harvested the buttons, and cut out the top gathered piece in 2 pieces, as well as having to divide the pattern piece for the back wraps in two. I made a grain error (ie cut it off grain) in the end wrap pieces but it makes no difference really. There is enough shirt left over for a button back version of this! I used about 5m of store bought bias binding (2euro), and lined it with left over sheeting (its a thin sheet/like flour bag fabric). My lining was cut the same as the fabric, and sewed to the fabric before the top was constructed.
Very quick make….. however the temperatures here have taken a dive so it may not get worn for a while!